Welcome to the 2022 CrossFit Open!
We are very excited to kick things off on FRIDAY FEBRUARY 25.
In this blog post you’ll find a wealth of information. Please take the time to read through it so you’re in the know and so that you don’t unnecessarily screw over your team.
There are three teams. If you have not received an email from your team captain by 2/18 please contact email@example.com ASAP.
Here’s what you can expect each week:
- Learn the workout at 3pm each Thursday via the CrossFit Games Website (see games.crossfit.com).
- Sign-up on Mindbody for a heat time for Friday night. Heat times will be posted by 9pm in Mindbody on Thursday evenings. If you can’t make Friday night, be sure to sign-up for a heat on Saturday.
- Attend group class on Friday, do GOAT day workout.
- Participate (either as cheerleader or participant) in Friday Night Lights – 5pm OR Saturday’s heats.
- Continue on a tear through the remainder of the week accumulating group class attendance points.
- Log your week’s points in the Google Survey Form sent out every Monday evening. All point submission sheets are due by TUESDAY AT 6PM. NO EXCEPTIONS!
WORKOUT POINTS SUBMISSION
Action 1: Fill out the weekly Intramural Google Survey Form that is sent out Monday evening each week. You will record your weekly Individual Points as well as your workout score.
- You have from Thursday at 3pm until Monday at 8pm each week to complete the OPEN workout. No exceptions.
- You have from the Tuesday prior to each Open workout until Monday to accumulate your weekly class attendance points for that week. Weekly class attendance points accumulation weeks are:
- Week 1: Tuesday, February 22 – Monday, February 28
- Week 2: Tuesday, March 1 – Monday, March 7
- Week 3: Tuesday, March 8 – Saturday, March 12
- You must complete the points submission form between Monday at 6pm and Tuesday at 6pm of each week. No exceptions.
POINTS (Individual, Workout, Team Challenges)
There are three categories of points available to teams each week:
- Individual points
- Scored workout placing points
- Super secret one-off team challenges
Each week, every team member can earn up to 9 points in 3 ways for their team:
1. Class Attendance Points – Earn points for attending 3 or more group classes throughout the week.
- 5 points – you attended 5 group classes TUESDAY – MONDAY of the previous week AND logged your score in SugarWOD.* Group class attendance to do The Open workout on Friday counts toward this total!
- 4 points – you attended 3 group classes TUESDAY – MONDAY of the previous week AND logged your score in SugarWOD.*
* Traveling for work? Can’t make it into class? You can still earn 5 points by doing the “At Home” workout of the day on SugarWOD when you can’t come to class. (There are modifications if you do not have equipment). You MUST log your score in SugarWOD to earn the AtHome points.
2. Do the Open Workout in Class – Earn points for doing The Open workout during Friday Night Lights or IN Saturday’s Heats.
NOTE! – Yes, you get double points here! If you attend Friday Night Lights it counts toward your weekly attendance total AND in this category. No you do not get extra points for completing the workout more than once!
- 2 points – do the workout in Friday Night Lights OR Saturday Heat
- 1 point – do the workout outside of class with a judge, obviously..
3. Wear Your Team’s Color – each team as a team color. Wear a shirt that sports your team’s color when you do The Open workout and earn 2 points.
- 2 points – Wear your team’s color to workout in while you do the Open workout.
SCORED WORKOUT PLACING POINTS
- The Top 3 Men and Women’s scores for Rx and Scaled will earn points for their team.
- Additionally, each week of The Open, there will be additional team scoring options such as highest team average Rx/Scaled and highest scorers in various age divisions.
ONE-OFF TEAM COMPETITIONS
- We will announce additional opportunities for teams to earn points.
- These challenges will be announced on Thursday evening and teams will have until Monday at 6pm to complete the challenge.
Your team captains/co-captains are:
- Leo Matos/MJ Jones
- Carl Albuquerque/Ray Temples
- Dave London/Lindsay London
You will receive an email from your co-captains in the coming weeks, filling you in on Team Names and colors.
NOTE! – Teams can recruit from now until the first Friday Night Lights any new members!
END OF OPEN SENDOFF:
- What a better way to send of the Open Season than with some ax throwing? CFHR will be throwing down after the last Saturday of The Open (3/12). Exact location and times TBD. Pencil it in now, it is going to be a lot of fun!